Friday, April 22, 2011

Learning to Walk

Have you ever tried walking on your knees? When I was younger... much younger I could in-fact grab my feet and walk on my knees. Of course I couldn't go very far without a bruise or two, or without falling flat on my face. The best place to walk on my knees was the carpet. It held underneath a cushioned padding for my knees to freely walk without much pain. If I did want to go very far I would usually need someone to hold me up by my underarms. This concept of walking on our knees applies to us as adults/ youth today. Even though most of us cannot physically walk on our knees, we decide to walk alone through our lives with the disability of our sinful nature. We rely on ourselves to get us through our trials and tribulations. We try and take the easy road "the carpet" to make for ourselves a padding to keep the bruises from forming so others cant see whats going on deep within our hearts. In truth, we need each other to be able to rely on in our times of need. God places people in our lives to 1.we can show Gods love to others and 2. to be the recipient of Gods unfailing love. Some of you may be reading this and are realizing what I have just come to realize, we need to stand up and help one another in their times of need. If and probably when people fail you, take comfort in knowing that God is and always will be there for us even when we fail him. That is a concept I struggle with often. I am so used to running away from the uncomfortable feelings/ problems I have with others I sometimes cant imagine God still wanting me. But His word says in Jeremiah 29:13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. This passage tells me that He will always be there even when others are not. I hope this has been a blog that has been worth a few minutes of time that will last a lifetime!  : )   This is only one explanation of many for the new blog title expect more to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment