The person who has gotten me through the most would have to be my best friend Jenise Mowery. The fact that she is fifteen and my best friend screams maturity. Of course there are times when I definitely remember that she is only fifteen. Like when she gets a sugar high and continuously bounces in her seat while giggling uncontrollably. But more often than not she has words of wisdom that allow me to get through what life throws my way. Example One: My wedding planning definitely took its toll on me towards the last few months. I was such a wreck. Breakdowns left and right, along with stress crying that left me almost blind the next morning due to my swollen eyes. She was there every step of the way. Overnight planning turned into much NEEDED sleepovers. It wasn't because we had so much to do but because I could not be alone without breaking down and the only person who could help was Jenise. Of course Jon couldn't be there as often because we were not married at the time. Example Two: There came a time in my life (still going though it now) when I am realizing who I want to surround myself with. I personally am content to be a hermit, someone who could ignore the outside world with the exception of a few close pals. When I stop to consider who I would like to delete off my Facebook. I realize I would never delete Jenise. I cant imagine my life without her. Well there are plenty of examples more of how she gets me through this life. She is my best friend and someone I know I can trust with anything! There are only few people I allow into the complicated shell of my heart and she is about 1 of 3 and probably knows the most. If I believed in soul mates she would be definitely one of them. I know that God has placed her in my life for a purpose and I hope that I can someday help her as much as she has helped me. The photos below are from a current escapade to our mutual friend Amanda's Quinceanera. I had a blast of course because I love to dance but Jenise is a little on the shy side of letting loose at a party. Jenise did in fact dance and ended up having a good time. I was super excited and relieved to see her try, especially because one of her family members told me that I would probably be sitting the whole time. I did her make up and she looked so beautiful. I felt like mama hen that night! My baby is growing up! haha Its more like "my little sister is growing up! Its too much!" lol

Jenise and I in her Nana's bathroom after about an hour of primping.
Jenise and Amanda dancing.
* Jenise Mowery *
No comments:
Post a Comment