Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Charge

Dear Church,
Understand first and foremost I love each of you dearly. I would never wish any ill will upon you. Today however I have a few words I must say to you. I feel if I do not share this piece of information I will implode and never recover. I have watched you grow up from the time you were just a few years old. You blossomed and grew, as radiant as a sunflower. First your stem, then came leaves, then finally your true colors bloomed. Bright and brilliant. However dear church you forgot to properly water yourself. You forgot the most important task. Without water you will never survive. You and your people may be pouring water upon yourselves but the roots is where it all happens. Your roots are your foundation and your support. Your roots have become the cause of your problem. You elect leaves to come and be your leaders to soak up the sun and sometimes take the heat, but your roots will be your ultimate downfall. Your roots are not growing away from their comfort zone. They stay hidden under your shade from the large shadow you cast. Dear church please understand that simply nodding your head in agreement will never solve any problem. The roots or your people must go away from the shade (comfort) and take chances. Change lives! Jesus never stayed comfortable so why should we! I challenge you church to reach out or you will surely die!

No comments:

Post a Comment