Saturday, August 14, 2010

Brownie Points

I would just like to point out that I have the most wonderful husband in the entire world. Allow me to start from the very beginning. Early Friday morning I ask Jon to take me to work due to my cars air conditioning problem. He willingly takes me to work at 2:00pm and around 4:30pm he comes back to take me to lunch and brings Carson and Tanner along with him. So we go to eat at What-A-Burger and have a pretty normal lunch. Later that night I receive a text message from him saying that he was in the parking lot and ready to take me home but had a surprise waiting for me. Well I hate the suspense of a good surprise, so I frequently asked "What is it?!?" via text message while I wait for my manager to give me the go ahead to leave for the night. I jump into the car expecting something amazing, only to find a super size bag of M&M's with a pretzel center. I will admit that I love a good chocolate pretzel but thats not exactly the surprise I had in mind.  I honestly couldn't tell you what I WAS expecting... just not that. : ) So we arrive home and I quickly head to the living room to settle in for the night. Jon asked me how my day was as I decide to head for the bedroom instead. As soon as I open the door balloons come rolling out of the bedroom! I'm talking 502 balloons to be exact. The balloons filled my bedroom all the way up to the bed. I turn around and he says "surprise!". I didn't know what the occasion was so I was a little confused. He told me that the reason he filled our bedroom with balloons was because 1. It was our old anniversary day (the 13th of every month) and 2. because he saw how upset I was after not being able to have a balloon party of my own. How sweet is that?!? I love Jon so much! Before I went to work today I asked him to pop at least half of the balloons because after we moved all the balloons to the living room we could hardly walk around the house. Now I can say that I do have a yellow, blue, purple, white, and pink balloon filled home! I will probably leave them in the house for a few days as a reminder of how much Jon loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment