Thursday, August 12, 2010

Turn That Frown Upside Down!

Today was a particularly challenging day. I woke up at 7:09am in order to register for classes because apparently if you do not take any classes within a years time you get booted out and have to re-apply for school all together. Luckily my particular school either has low expectations or allowed me in because I have failed numerous classes and just want to keep taking my money. (Side note: I am more determined this semester. I am taking Biology and Developmental Math) So when I arrive it takes me 30 minutes to fill out an application form, 30 minutes to wait in line for a clerk to tell me that I can go register with an advisor, and 1 hour of waiting in line for the advisor to call my number, then 30 minutes speaking with an advisor. Jon and I were almost late for work. I expected delays but nothing like that. The funny thing is I overheard one of the clerks telling a guy that during the busy times students have to wait like 90 minutes to visit with an advisor. Crazy! Well after my ordeal at school, I rushed to work with a non-air-conditioned car that was overheating  just to make sure I didn't upset a student who had a private class scheduled at noon, only to find out that they canceled class an hour prior. So I arrive to work dizzy from the mid-day heat and sweating with my hair half done. I can only imagine the thought of the cashier as I stroll into work. "Dang she looks rough" I hope I do not have a day like this one for a little while. The rest of my night went pretty smoothly and only got better as I jumped into bed with the box fan on high while eating a cup of cereal. Sometimes I feel that in a world of sadness and disappointment it is comforting to know that I serve a God who can turn my frown upside down. 



Mathew 6:25 - 34
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?
 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment