Thursday, March 3, 2011

If The Truth Be Told...

Life is never perfect. It is full of pain,sadness, and even doubt. We can try and plan our lives as best we can on our own,but somehow we always wind up doing something that we never intended. (Like me and my college procrastination) Sometimes, even if it is disappointing, we have to realize that Gods will is supreme. He knows what is best for us even when we think we've got it all covered. Some people accept Christ and think that from that moment forward that their lives will be picture perfect with no blemishes. Well to tell the truth it is quite the opposite. God never promises a life of luxury. What he does promise is a life of trials and persecution. People of the world do not like what makes them uncomfortable and thus they make fun of us or even kill us. When they/we compare their/our lives to the perfect God they/we cannot compete. The cool thing is, through Jesus Christ we are still able to hold on to the hope of someday joining God in heaven, where life will be perfect. He promises that there will be no more suffering or pain in heaven. That is something I am so eagerly yearning for! A life without pain (emotional or physical), a life without worry,and most importantly a life living face to face with the One who made me and loved me enough to send Jesus to die on the cross to cover my sins.


Funny side story. So yesterday I spent the day babysitting my friends baby Hannah. I put her down for a nap and I decided to take one as well. We were on opposite couches when I heard sirens going off. At first I thought that there was a tornado! I jumped out of my blanket and rushed to check on Hannah. She was sound asleep. Then I could have sworn I heard trumpets in the mixture. Then it hit me. I thought back to a passage in the bible when paraphrased says: he will come like a thief in the night/ on a white cloud with trumpets. It made sense, a thief is sneaky he will come when no one expects him. I definitely wasn't expecting Him on a Wednesday afternoon. I immediately ran to the window with my heart pounding to look for Jesus in the clouds. I was so excited! I looked over at Hannah and thought "Why is she still here?" I thought that God would have taken her first. Then the sirens wore down and I realized it was just the testing of the emergency tornado warning system. My heart sank. But the truth of the fact is that when Jesus does come, nothing else will matter just God in his glory. When I jumped out of the blankets I left my phone,wasn't even thinking of Jon, and definitely wasn't thinking of work. This is how our attitudes should be: like children. Running to him in our times of need and excited when he returns because we have kept up the faith and done His will to the best of our ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment