Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm going PINK!

This week has been very encouraging. I was able to meet with my friend Lauren Robbins, who I've known since we were in diapers, about planning a PINK party. The purpose behind a PINK party is to get a group of young women together to share what Gods word says about tough subjects. Ex: Boys, How to be Godly Women. We will be spending the night with a hopefully large group of girls sharing Gods word and just having fun. The word PINK stands for P-Purity, I- Innocence, N-Newness, K-Knowledge. Ideally through the lessons we prepare we will be able to convey the message of all of the PINK qualities. I have had such a yearning to teach again and of course God has placed a great mission field in front of me, young women. It feels so comforting to be able to see God hand working in my life. Let me begin from the beginning of my week. Sunday night Lauren comes to visit at church. We had our normal lesson and when prayer requests are asked for I sought to pray for Laurens grandmother who had a stroke only about a week or so ago. Laurens grandmother Nedra was a good friend to my mother before she passed away. To keep it short because I'm quite upset about the whole ordeal, I see God working through a rough patch in both Laurens and my life to bring us together for his glory. I am confident and comforted in the fact that Nedra is a Christian and I will see her again in Heaven, but I really do hope it is Gods will to have Nedra be healed miraculously. So for those reading, please keep her in your prayers. Philippians 4:13 says "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". God can do anything we just need faith! I am also excited about this Sundays lesson. Jon has allowed me to teach the girls for the next few Sundays. I am preparing my lesson this week and I really hope that the spirit moves and we will become closer through God. I have a few girls in my youth who are going though some really hard times. I hope that these "girl talks" will help ease their troubled hearts.



This is a picture of Mrs. Nedra, her husband Ron, and my friend Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment