Friday, March 11, 2011
From Apartment Renters to Home Buyers
It is absolutely amazing how quickly things can change. The last 17 hours have turned my comfortable world upside down. After an extra long day at work Thursday, I come home to a yellow piece of paper hanging from the notice clip by the front door. While it was blowing in the wind, I caught glimpses of black stars bordering a message from the apartment complex. I take the note inside and dont even take a moment to unhook the leashes off my dogs. I sit down on the couch to read. The notice said, in a lump sum, our lease was up in May. I was ecstatic! I dont know how many of you already know this but upstairs, every night, around the same time frame, a constant tick tick ticking noise comes from above our bedroom. Now let me clarify, its not the kind of noise most people can sleep through. It is one that wakes even Jon up! He is such a hard sleeper and if the noise wakes him up that means its too loud! Ok so back to the note. I sat there stunned from excitement and nervousness. Excited because I can finally escape the annoying noises from upstairs, but very nervous because we now have a little less than three months to find a home and move out. So my plans for an after work nap soon faded and I began setting up a game plan. I sent Jon a text message to let him know the news. He then told me to set up a time with our Realtor friend Mike Robbins. The only reason we even thought of him was because when I went to go see Laurens grandmother last Sunday night, Mike was there and gave us his card. This was way before we even thought of actually purchasing a house. So long story short we are meeting March 20th to discuss options for home buying! Since 7:45pm Thursday night, I been looking at houses that I would like to purchase. We have found 4 houses/ condos so far that are in our area. Below are a couple of pictures of my favorite house. It is centrally located between our church, Jon's work, and my friend Jenise's house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Wow! That is gorgeous! I hope everything works out great!
ReplyDelete