Thursday, December 9, 2010

Beauty is Pain

My heart was beating so hard I thought it was coming right out of my chest. The nights cold air nipping my nose. Shadows in the distance. My legs felt as if they were collapsing from under me. How did I find myself in this mess? Well  as you may already know have decided to join weight watchers with my "friend" Chelsea. Last night she and I met up after church to do a little run/walking. The reason I separated the words run/walking with a slanted line is because Chelsea runs and I well... walk. I brought my jump rope to keep me busy while she ran. But apparently she had other plans. "Just run one straight Sarah! Just one Straight!" "Thats all I ask!" I rolled my eyes and told her I'm not the running type. Let me just tell you how much I hate running. I feel like a fat footed walrus sloppily making its way back to the water. Yes thats right I said it!  Needless to say she pestered her way into making one straight turn into half a mile! I am glad I was able to run that much, but man are my ribs sore! My legs are doing just fine for being so out of shape but I can hardly laugh without pain. I figure its because before I ran, earlier that morning I decided to do at least 5-10 minutes of jump rope. No pain no gain right? Sometimes I wish it were easier. Chelsea is a good coach but I just had to complain just a little! : )


To follow Chelsea on blogger go to the link ramirezinthemaking.blogspot.com. Maybe she will start writing if she has followers!

1 comment:

  1. good for you! take it slow. its progress!! im good at running but i dont like it either.i should run.period. trying to find time however is another story, plus, i need to find a running buddy:) Azariah isn't that good yet. lol.

    ReplyDelete