Wednesday, September 22, 2010
The Count Down!! Dreams Come True?
It sounds so incredibly weird to hear myself say " I can't wait to be an at home wife". Seven years ago, the thought of being at home ALL the time made my stomach cringe, but that was all before I met Jon. Before Jon I was such a selfish person. I mean that in all the correct ways... I'm not downing on myself. But its true, my thoughts and actions reflected a person who only cared for their own well being. I guess it stemmed from a childhood that quickly became adulthood after my mothers passing. None the less I wanted a very successful career working all the time, children whom I could support on my own without a second income, and a large house with probably a few staff members to help with the housework. Sounds glorious right? ..... Wrong. Getting married and especially to Jon changed my whole perspective on my life. I have never met a more caring, loving, and genuine person. He has shown me its perfectly acceptable to allow someone else take the burden of provision and to accept provision instead. The last few years I have worked full time plus commissions/ bonuses only to put a roof over my head and food in my belly, nothing more nothing less. That in my old way of thinking was "how it was". But Jon has rocked my world with this new idea of being an at home wife maybe in a few years an at home mom!!! As I said in an earlier post Jon is hoping for a job transfer that will allow us to be more financially stable. His goal (without my point of views) is to make me an at home wife whether it be full time or part time. What was thought of just a few years ago as sickening, has now become something more like a treasure. How wonderful would it be to cook a full meal for my husband morning, noon, and night?!? If you are wondering man she has gone crazy.. no worries I'm still fully sane! But I genuinely love the look on his face when his belly is full of a meal I have cooked! Lately I come home and fall asleep before I even think of food. Jon has taken a leadership role in dinner because I am way too exhausted to even think of cooking. When I say leadership role I'm talking fast food.... which is so terrible for both of us. This is just one example of many ways our lives would be better if this happens. Of course nothing is perfect but at least I would not be as stressed out and I could enjoy life instead of watching it pass me by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't think you're crazy! It is an honor to be able to make a full-time job out of making your home a welcoming place for all who enter there :)
ReplyDelete