This Fathers Day the only gift my father asked for is a home cooked meal prepared by yours truly. So this past Sunday, I went to the grocery store with Jenise and bought the groceries I would need for that nights dinner. I guess the main reason my dad wanted me to cook is because I never cook. I will admit it. I really dont even know how to cook, but for my Daddy I decided to make the effort. The lines were long, I was confused, and it was super hot outside but I braved the elements and made it home with the groceries. My game plan was to cook a chicken fillets in a lemon marinade, green bean casserole, and baked potatoes. (Sounds fancy right!!!) Half way through cooking we called Jon's parents to come and eat with us. Everything was fine and dandy until I realized that Jon and I still do not have a dinning room table. So Jenise set out all the dishes and utensils on the coffee table instead. We even used our new china set! After everyone arrived Jon prayed over the food... while he was praying I thought that we should have probably prayed before I started cooking! : ) Soon everyones plates were full with my creation. My dad was silent through out most of the meal and his first words were thank you sweetheart it is delicious. I was super excited! I (Sarah Dixon) made a real dinner! Jon was happy too! He liked seeing me in the kitchen. I was even more excited because I could finally show Jon's mother that I can cook and provide for my husband. The baked potatoes were still a little hard but everyone decided that it was because they were just too big. That made me feel good! I enjoyed this fathers day. Below is a picture of part of my meal in the oven. The largest potato was given to my dad! lol Poor guy had to microwave his potato twice to get it soft enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment