Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And I Thought I Loved You Then....

The song "Then" by Brad Paisley describes exactly how I am  feeling. "Then" was our song we played for our wedding invitation and we even used the song for our first dance as a married couple. As I look back at our engagement photos, I have come to realize we are not the same couple we were back then. We have both developed such a deep love for each other that wasn't there before we got married. I look back and think.... and I thought I loved him then. This photo was taken about 6 months before our wedding and since then my love for Jon has grown into words that I can't even express. A little back ground... I have a hard time with trust, especially with relationships and people in general. It has only been through marriage I am even starting to begin to understand that Jon is defiantly not going anywhere and that I cannot imagine my life without him. Back then I was so independent and I created a thick barrier between my heart and everyone around me. If anything marriage has taught me thus far it is that love is ever changing and that it is perfectly fine to accept love and to give it in return.  I thank God that he gave me such a wonderful husband. Jon is my best friend in whom I can rely on and trust and I would not trade such a love as ours for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment