Thursday, April 1, 2010

Farewell Old House!!

I have reached a time in my wedding planning where I am realizing and understanding that I will no longer be my own person. I will be joined in Holy matrimony to my fiancé whom I have been dating since high school. Not only that, but I will soon be sharing a new home with him! Yesterday we spent the last half of our day looking at apartments and we had just finished looking at a prospective apartment and all of a sudden it hit me, I realized that this is real. Getting married to Jon is no longer a hoped for dream. I'm not gonna lie, I got extremely nervous! After some financial planning and coaching we have decided that May 28th will be our move out/in date! Four weeks after we say I do we will leave our small little 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment and move to a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. Today, now that I have had time to soak it all in, I cannot wait to move! If I had my way I would already be moving all my things!
This is the layout of our new apartment! I cannot wait and Jon is excited as well! The coolest feature in my opinion is the laundry room! I will have a full sized washer and dryer IN A ROOM all to myself!! Lets face it.. Jon doesn't do laundry and I don't do dishes.. so i will take the laundry room and he can have the kitchen sink. Another cool feature is the mini closet as you walk in! I have always wanted a coat and shoe closet and now I get one! Another perk is two .. not one.. medicine cabinets! The apartment before the one I am in now didn't even have a medicine cabinet so I have learned the value of cabinet space! I am so thrilled to be at this point in my life! Sometimes I get overwhelmed but I think thats a normal.

2 comments:

  1. April Fools!! Oh wait... you're serious...dang it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo happy for you!!! Soooo sososo happy for you! It is all amazing. I can't wait to be able to go through what you are!!

    I LOVE that layout!! Do you mind telling me what apartment complex ya'll are moving into? I am getting my very own place in May, and I am super excited! Sad thing about mine though is I don't have washer dryer hookups...but I will be graduating in a year, and will hopefully get a bigger better place after I graduate.

    But yay! I am excited for you! oh yeah, and I wanted to tell you that I totally cried when I watched the wedding invitation..I was like, "ahoh.. im gonna cry" I think making the invitation with technology is pretty awesome. I never even thought that was possible. haha!

    Well ttyl!! =)

    ReplyDelete