Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter 2010 came and went so quickly. We didn't participate in any Easter egg hunts or Easter party's, but we did spend our morning at church. I love a good egg hunt but that didn't seem to be Gods focus for my life this year. Let me start from the day before. I had gotten off work already feeling stressed about the day's normal problems, picked up Jenise for our usual sleepover, and headed home after a nice 8 minute tan that ultimately burned my face the next day. Jenise and I arrived at my apartment and received a call from Jon that he will be late coming over that night. After a few exchanged words and lack of double sided tape, I lost it. I felt so alone, stressed, and exhausted from this weeks wedding planning. As soon as Jon got home I told him I was going to go take a trip to Wal-Mart and get the tape myself. About an hour later Jon and Jenise catch up with me after I had been crying and out of breath from running the tennis court. Of course Jon and I made up so no worries there. It was later after church on Sunday I realized that the devil was trying to keep me from church that morning. I had even sent a text to Charlotte (pastors wife and my mentor) on Saturday night letting her know I would not be making it to church that next morning. She convinced me to go to church that morning and to just relax. Come to find out that after teaching a lesson I didn't anticipate teaching all five of my Sunday school kids accepted Christ for the first time. God had amazing plans for our Junior Youth and if I had fallen to the devils schemes my kids might have never come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. I am so excited that God has used me through this trial to see my kids accept Him!

After spending some time at Jon's parents house, Pastor Kevin, Charlotte, Jon, and I spent the rest of the evening playing arts and crafts. We finished all 101 wedding programs! What a relief to know that I am almost done with the wedding. I love having a strong support to catch me when I need them! Thank You guys! I love yall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment