
Let me just start from the very beginning. A few days prior to our trip to the Rangers Stadium, I was beating myself up for figuring out Jon's proposal idea. I called my trusty friend Chelsea for comfort. She convinced me that I was being ridiculous and that it was just another event for the youth to get together. She is the type of person who can convince an Eskimo that they should stock up on ice for the winter. Finally the big day had come! Our church youth group and I hoped into Big Bertha (our blue church van) and headed to the Texas Rangers Stadium in Arlington. I was so excited to eat peanuts and to hopefully catch a fly ball. I had no idea what Jon had in store for me. The night before I had taken Jon on a mandatory last minute shopping trip to Wal-Mart where we bought rangers jerseys. While we were at Wal-Mart, Jon thought I had figured things out and started stressing and acting quite awkward. When we arrived at the stadium we headed to our seats and the game began. The game was in its 5th or 6th inning when the announcer directed the crowds attention to our seats. I was watching the screen and read the words "Sarah, Will you marry me? Love Jon" I remember thinking to myself "Some lucky jerk is getting married and not me!" Then I turned to give Jon a glare and suddenly realized that it was me getting engaged. Jon got on one knee and was presented me with a sparkling diamond ring. I have never seen my ring shine so bright as the first time I saw it in those stadium lights. Photographers were taking pictures and the mascot had a huge sign that said "Will you marry this guy?" It was quite overwhelming. The game resumed and we sat back down in our seats. Everyone in our youth group congratulated us. Apparently everyone at church knew for a few weeks what that Jon was going to propose except for me.
And then there was this weirdo named Daniel who just showed up, wouldn't go away and so we offered him Best man so he could share the burden of the wedding with us...
ReplyDelete