It has been too long since I last published a post. Since last August I have switched jobs, went back to college, then stopped again, started trying to have a baby, became the children's director at church, and lost and gained back 30 pounds. Time does fly when you have so many things going on.
I am now working at CarMax, part time of course, so I can go back to school and attempt to get a degree in who knows what. I still like the idea of opening my own daycare but the cost of a facility is too much to imagine at the moment. I did go back to school for a semester before choosing to not re-enroll because I had to work at both CarMax and PetSmart until all of my pet training classes had finished. I am enjoying the challenging aspects of a new job, but wish I were trained already. There is so much to learn its ridiculous. Luckily I enjoy the people I work with and its nice being out of the lime light for a while.
So yes you did read correctly, Jon and I have been trying to have a baby since September. We have always wanted kids and assumed that God would give us the little bundle of blessing when we were ready, but it didn't make since to prevent if we were letting God do His thing. So here we are about five months later and still waiting. I have had tons of hopeful months but I have to remind myself that it is God who gives life and He knows what is best for our family. I will keep you posted on any new updates in that department dont you worry. This may soon become a baby blog instead of a personal one. haha
Being the children's director at church is both a pleasure and a trial all wrapped into one. There are days when I know my kids enjoyed their lesson and I know I enjoyed teaching, then there are days when I swear that my kids grew horns over the weekend just for my Wednesday class. Lately we have been working on incorporating the junior youth in with the regular youth to show them what they have to look forward to once they get into the sixth grade. Last Sunday we took all the youth roller skating and had a great time. I enjoy hanging out with my kids more than work. I really wish both Jon and I could live on our ministries! That would be a great blessing.
I joined weight watchers about a year ago and did really well to loose around 30 pounds but then to turn around and gain it all back. Now that summer is approaching I am trying to get back on track. I have a new application on my phone that lets me track my calorie intake and my calories burned. I have done fairly well thus far and hope to be back to my size 14 pants again soon. : )
Well this concludes my rant for this evening. Have a good night! P.S. The picture above is one of my favorite pictures since becoming a children's director. This is Lillie reading my lesson before class starts. She has found a new love for reading and tries to read anything she gets her hands on.
No comments:
Post a Comment