Monday, September 10, 2012

The Road to Recovery

As of late I have been stressing over many areas of my life. I have started on a sort of road to recovery. I have begun sharing with God my most personal wants and deepest pains. God so deservingly wants to be the most trusted counselor in all areas of my life. Not just the parts that require a season pass. Some of me wishes it hadn't taken this many trials to get me to where I am now, but without them I would not be nearly as strong as I am today. I am so grateful for Gods unfailing love. I can only dream that if I had myself for a friend I would drop me in a heartbeat.
We have started a new ladies bible study on the book of Galatians. We are focusing on the fruit of the spirit or in other words evidence of salvation. It has been such a learning experience and a great one at that. If anything I have learned that I can do nothing without Him. If I let up on my pursuit of spending time with God, I let in the temptations of this world and ultimately let down God. His plans are far greater and better than my own. Who am I to try and edit those plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment